Academics and Research / Magazine Feature

DU ranked in U.S.News & World Report’s Top 100

U.S.News & World Report’s annual college rankings for undergraduate education, released this week, place the University of Denver among the nation’s top 100 doctoral universities. The University of Denver ranked No. 88, compared to No. 85 last year. DU tied with tied with Auburn University, Howard University, and the universities of Alabama, California–Riverside, Kansas, Missouri–Columbia, Tennessee, Tulsa and Vermont.

National doctoral universities ranked by U.S.News & World Report include all leading private and public universities that offer a wide range of undergraduate majors as well as master’s and doctoral degrees. Some emphasize research.

U.S.News & World Report weights 75 percent of a school’s ranking by objective criteria such as graduation and retention rates, selectivity in admitting students, faculty resources, percentage of small and large classes, and student-faculty ratio. The remaining 25 percent is based on a university’s academic reputation, as determined by survey results from the presidents, provosts and admission deans at the national universities.

Comments are closed.